Svalinn, the sky shield

A hall dedicated to the discussion and practice of all things occult and paranormal.
Post Reply
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Early-waker, All-swift:
from here they have
to drag wearily on Sun;
but under their saddle-bows the Aesir have concealed,
kind powers, cooling irons
Chill is the name,
of what stands before the sun,
a shield before the shining god.
mountains and oceans
I know should burn,
if it fell from in front.


- Grímnismál, Odin (Orchard translation)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalinn
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Hail Svalinn, personification of the sky shield!
Without which we'd quickly turn to ash.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Post Reply