Magic: your views, sources and methods?

A hall dedicated to the discussion and practice of all things occult and paranormal.
 QuoVadis 
Squire
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 07, 2024 5:49 am

Hi, congrats on the upgraded forum. :)

I have generic questions to users here, on the topic of magic.

For example, what is your working definition of magic? And other views/opinions on it you'd like to share?

What kind of sources, or trainings, or studies or teachings in your life have been helpful getting to your current views and standpoint? Have you also developed something of your own unique approach?

Finally whether you feel like sharing anything of personal experiences or accomplishments or failures in magic, that might be interesting to discuss or note.

Cheers, quo.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

QuoVadis wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:56 am Hi, congrats on the upgraded forum. :)

I have generic questions to users here, on the topic of magic.

For example, what is your working definition of magic? And other views/opinions on it you'd like to share?

What kind of sources, or trainings, or studies or teachings in your life have been helpful getting to your current views and standpoint? Have you also developed something of your own unique approach?

Finally whether you feel like sharing anything of personal experiences or accomplishments or failures in magic, that might be interesting to discuss or note.

Cheers, quo.
I've never settled on a definition of magick, though I've nodded in pondering partial agreeance to some I've read.

My sources were like most originally, as a young'un I read fantasy, I read Agrippa, Crowley, Abramelin, etc. However I never had a space I could easily use for the more complex stuff, no great ceremonial magick was ever really possible so when I saw some bits n pieces by AO Spare and other "chaos" magicians it seemed simple and worth exploring in more detail.
From there I added in my own burgeoning knowledge of the elder futhark runes, concepts of crystal energies and fantasy RP/writing. Combining with both actual science and science fiction this eventually resulted in me developing my own quirky ways of doing things, some I speak about openly, others I hint at for those in the know to acknowledge from whatever shadowy seat they rest their buttocks upon.

I feel my Magick Rune Square and related studies is an accomplishment, it's a blend of the well known magic square system that uses the futhark and a "void" point to build a series of squares that I've used to create various sigils.
Some other accomplishments would be the method I've developed rune songs to accompany my bind runes that both describe the construction, how they work together and the goal of the thing.
As well as this I've created numerous "servitor" entities for a variety of reasons, as well as something I've referred to as the "red triangle" which is a quite personal thing but involves entities both of my own creation, "fictional" and mythological.

So, all this plus other things that began over 20 years ago.

I plan on finishing a grimoire with all this and more to be released either free in the shadowy places or published. Regardless, I'd like to write it one day, when the time feels right to do so.

Well, that's some extremely cursory info and most likely already known by anyone who's spoken to me much or read my things and stuff.

Edit: I suppose I should mention - which relates strongly to what is known as the chaotic approach - my "taking what works" concept. I initially began comparative religious studies after seeing table of corresponding deities and other mystical things in works such as Liber 777. This led me to basically reading a LOT and "finding what was the same". I'd rarely set out to do this, but would instead notice that certain systems had similarities and make a mental note, refining my own approach.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
 Xlegic 
Squire
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Welcome, Quo! ;p

Time to brew a bit of mojo!
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Xlegic wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:02 am Welcome, Quo! ;p

Time to brew a bit of mojo!
and then? (:
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Errant Tom Sawyer Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:37 pm

Týsköll wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2025 1:22 pm
Xlegic wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:02 am Welcome, Quo! ;p

Time to brew a bit of mojo!
and then? (:
let the mojo rise!
We have the freedom you have always searched for
You're finding you don't need to look no more
You've done with waiting and your life is turning
You hear the melody of angels singing

Come, come with me
Come, come with me
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Tom Sawyer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2025 2:56 am
Týsköll wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2025 1:22 pm
Xlegic wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:02 am Welcome, Quo! ;p

Time to brew a bit of mojo!
and then? (:
let the mojo rise!
Image
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
 Xlegic 
Squire
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Týsköll wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2025 10:58 am
Tom Sawyer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2025 2:56 am
Týsköll wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2025 1:22 pm

and then? (:
let the mojo rise!
Image
Heh, I like the gif - fitting for the mojo theme feeling. Speaking of the gif, a formalized "witch" (rigid handling with the brewing tool and formal work clothing). She must be an excellent mojo brewer.. hehe.
User avatar
Knight Errant Tom Sawyer Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:37 pm

QuoVadis wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:56 am ...Have you also developed something of your own unique approach?
yes, I do it my own style, with hand gestures and mouth sounds, I make use of vectors, intuitive real time signal interpretation, and some sort of personal mudras
We have the freedom you have always searched for
You're finding you don't need to look no more
You've done with waiting and your life is turning
You hear the melody of angels singing

Come, come with me
Come, come with me
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Tom Sawyer wrote: Sat Mar 15, 2025 7:17 pm
QuoVadis wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:56 am ...Have you also developed something of your own unique approach?
yes, I do it my own style, with hand gestures and mouth sounds, I make use of vectors, intuitive real time signal interpretation, and some sort of personal mudras
Absolutely the best way in my opinion, ones own style, whilst still adhering to the foundations we see in all systems. This usually happens just by default as the person finds out "what works".
You're a chaote (no not in the edgelord style) in this way, an eclecticist.

"intuitive real time signal interpretation" - This can be really powerful, as well as truly delusional. Especially where the practitioner isn't reality checking themselves and has no-one around them pointing out flaws, or outright errors.
You can expose charlatans that claim this by baiting them with false info they try to claim knowledge of.

How've you found it in terms of having to check yourself? So often the biases or existing energies of our own systems can affect, modulate even, the incoming data in such a way that causes it to be interpreted a certain way, where the reality is the raw data has no such weight applied.

I guess I'm asking, have you ever realized you were wrong and thought "wait, no I'm a dickhead" and accepted it as so?
I'm sure you know the types that refuse evidence of their error, even double or triple down and fuel what becomes a delusion.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Errant Tom Sawyer Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:37 pm

I received public confirmation that my timing is precise and accurate, as for working or not in a large scale, it's a mystery
We have the freedom you have always searched for
You're finding you don't need to look no more
You've done with waiting and your life is turning
You hear the melody of angels singing

Come, come with me
Come, come with me
Post Reply