so they sayWelcome to the OSMTJ Knights Templar of America (OSMTJ stands for the French, “Ordre Souverain et Militaire du Temple de Jérusalem”). The Knights Templar are a Christian (Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox) fraternal and chivalric Order. We have no Masonic or political affiliations. We are ecumenical meaning we are not affiliated with any single denomination but represent all of Christendom
american knights templar
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
https://www.theknightstemplar.org/
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
So do we eat the solar temple or does it eat us
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
"ritual is to people what instinct is to animals"
I both agree and disagree with this in multiple ways. It disturbs my mind as I can accept or reject the statement depending on how I interpret.
Ritual is not instinct, yet the instinct of animals can appear ritualistic.
Our instinct and Id related aspects of life are not ritualized as we understand the word, yet we can ritualize our lives more or less as well encompass these aspects in to ritual.
Yet many things achieved by ritual can also be achieved by the chaotic, which is based more in instinct than ego. Though many chaotic approaches can and do become systematized and ritualistic over time.
Is ritual the blending or balance of Id and Ego in this way? Maybe, though the purpose of some ritual seems unnecessary; can we look at these superfluous rituals, discard, and only retain those which are necessary? Or is this simply overly egotistic and glorifying that which we need not? To discard all that is not necessary would lead to discarding of the ego in entirety, thus sense of self, which I do not agree with.
I have pondered and reached no conclusion that satisfies, I still agree and disagree.
These were words though.
I both agree and disagree with this in multiple ways. It disturbs my mind as I can accept or reject the statement depending on how I interpret.
Ritual is not instinct, yet the instinct of animals can appear ritualistic.
Our instinct and Id related aspects of life are not ritualized as we understand the word, yet we can ritualize our lives more or less as well encompass these aspects in to ritual.
Yet many things achieved by ritual can also be achieved by the chaotic, which is based more in instinct than ego. Though many chaotic approaches can and do become systematized and ritualistic over time.
Is ritual the blending or balance of Id and Ego in this way? Maybe, though the purpose of some ritual seems unnecessary; can we look at these superfluous rituals, discard, and only retain those which are necessary? Or is this simply overly egotistic and glorifying that which we need not? To discard all that is not necessary would lead to discarding of the ego in entirety, thus sense of self, which I do not agree with.
I have pondered and reached no conclusion that satisfies, I still agree and disagree.
These were words though.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
actually, I didn't think too deeply about it at the time, but you make a good point.Týsköll wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:20 am "ritual is to people what instinct is to animals"
I both agree and disagree with this in multiple ways. It disturbs my mind as I can accept or reject the statement depending on how I interpret.
Ritual is not instinct, yet the instinct of animals can appear ritualistic.
Our instinct and Id related aspects of life are not ritualized as we understand the word, yet we can ritualize our lives more or less as well encompass these aspects in to ritual.
Yet many things achieved by ritual can also be achieved by the chaotic, which is based more in instinct than ego. Though many chaotic approaches can and do become systematized and ritualistic over time.
Is ritual the blending or balance of Id and Ego in this way? Maybe, though the purpose of some ritual seems unnecessary; can we look at these superfluous rituals, discard, and only retain those which are necessary? Or is this simply overly egotistic and glorifying that which we need not? To discard all that is not necessary would lead to discarding of the ego in entirety, thus sense of self, which I do not agree with.
I have pondered and reached no conclusion that satisfies, I still agree and disagree.
These were words though.
honestly, I think about ritual as something that couldn't be more different from instinct. It's useless from a survival standpoint, at least in immediacy. It's cultural and often involves an element of sacrifice, which couldn't be more different than adaptation in a survival setting.
we look at crows strangely because unlike any animal other than us, they mourn their dead in a ritualistic manner. but in this case, the exception proves the rule.
ritual is a grasping at the beyond type of impulse, an impulse only available to those who seek a relationship with that beyond the senses
in a way, it is very much a luxury, and although everyone has a tendency to create ritualistic patterns they may not perceive that way, after going about the buisness of living long enough...
ritual still doesn't strike me as instinct
hell, even if I were to overgeneralize ritual to magic in general, I don't think magic is instinct...
I think magic is desire, wonder, hope
all of those will to will ephemera that can almost never be seen, but may still be believed
what could be more impractical?
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
