Sig

The basics, and the off topic, the generic and the uncategorized.
If you're unsure, post it here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Knight Errant Third Loop Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm

Watching Stargate SG-1 for the first time,
I'm into season 8, but recently watched the episode where Ty got his signature.

Cheers Mate,
Merry Christmas
- Brian
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Third Loop wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 7:31 pm Watching Stargate SG-1 for the first time,
I'm into season 8, but recently watched the episode where Ty got his signature.

Cheers Mate,
Merry Christmas
Haha! Great! :) There's method to my madness probably!

I'm quite an enjoyer of Stargate (sans the non-canon, "Universe").
I hope you've been enjoying as much I always do.

Merry Christmas back at you and yours.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Errant Third Loop Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm

Finished SG1 and the movies.
Moved onto Atlantis,
And finally universe.

I must say I enjoyed them all even SGU. It was a little dark. And a bit different, but it all left me wanting more Stargate.

#SAVESTARGATE

In the meantime I have 15 Seasons of Supernatural to keep me occupied.
- Brian
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Third Loop wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2026 1:23 am Finished SG1 and the movies.
Moved onto Atlantis,
And finally universe.

I must say I enjoyed them all even SGU. It was a little dark. And a bit different, but it all left me wanting more Stargate.

#SAVESTARGATE

In the meantime I have 15 Seasons of Supernatural to keep me occupied.
Hah, awesome! Grats.

I boycotted SGU after like 2 episodes, along with 'Origins' - where some random uni student(or something) got funded and approved to do some insane woke retcon reimagining with low budget and bad story - I do not consider it canon.

How'd you like the progression of McKay's character?

#SAVESTARGATE

Image

I 'recently' did Supernatural. I had never properly committed to it. Quite enjoyable.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Errant Third Loop Knight Errant
Knight Errant

Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm

Týsköll wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2026 1:07 pm
Hah, awesome! Grats.

I boycotted SGU after like 2 episodes, along with 'Origins' - where some random uni student(or something) got funded and approved to do some insane woke retcon reimagining with low budget and bad story - I do not consider it canon.

How'd you like the progression of McKay's character?

#SAVESTARGATE

Image

I 'recently' did Supernatural. I had never properly committed to it. Quite enjoyable.
Rodney was my favorite Stargate character, I'm glad they reprised the role as a regular on Atlantis.
His comic relief in a sci-fi drama really suited my tastes. It was also adorable that he got his real life sister the role as his on screen sister, very "Canadian" of him.

The only problem I had with universe was the emotional problem of trying to figure out who the "bad guy" was.

I did a little research on Origins before I watched, and as it was thoroughly detested by the Stargate community , it was a hard pass.

As I was doing a little Stargate research, I stumbled upon a little gem. Amanda Tapping's starring role after Stargate was in a series called Sanctuary. If you can get past the ontological shock of watching "Sam" as a long-dark haired English woman, I recommend.

Later,
- Brian
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Third Loop wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:37 am
Týsköll wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2026 1:07 pm
Hah, awesome! Grats.

I boycotted SGU after like 2 episodes, along with 'Origins' - where some random uni student(or something) got funded and approved to do some insane woke retcon reimagining with low budget and bad story - I do not consider it canon.

How'd you like the progression of McKay's character?

#SAVESTARGATE

Image

I 'recently' did Supernatural. I had never properly committed to it. Quite enjoyable.
Rodney was my favorite Stargate character, I'm glad they reprised the role as a regular on Atlantis.
His comic relief in a sci-fi drama really suited my tastes. It was also adorable that he got his real life sister the role as his on screen sister, very "Canadian" of him.

The only problem I had with universe was the emotional problem of trying to figure out who the "bad guy" was.

I did a little research on Origins before I watched, and as it was thoroughly detested by the Stargate community , it was a hard pass.

As I was doing a little Stargate research, I stumbled upon a little gem. Amanda Tapping's starring role after Stargate was in a series called Sanctuary. If you can get past the ontological shock of watching "Sam" as a long-dark haired English woman, I recommend.

Later,
Hah, I had a feeling about McKay. Yeah he was awesome in SG1 and the evolution of his character was done sooooo well. That episode with him in the jumper slowly flooding with a head injury and hallucinating Sam - brilliant work by everyone involved.

Universe had this... Lost x Bad StarTrek feel. Not Stargate. We could probably do a whole study on why.

Yeah Origins... just... "woke gender studies major tries to retcon" lol - safe bet to avoid it!!

Ahhh Sanctuary! Yeah, you'll notice in that show that there's also a bunch of Stargate character actors doing a great job in that, too. Notably, "John" and "Henry". The actors that played those roles were popped up in a few SG1 and Atlantis episodes.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Post Reply