Dev Blog: Christina 2026

Play games? Same.
Physical or digital, whatever you're on.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

She lives, again.

Some old, and some updated generated and 3D model version of our protagonist.







Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Initial test of the model, with simple rigging on an old map from many moons ago.



Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Reconstructing the world map





Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Some hyperbasic tiled textures for tiled build + in engine tiling terrain





Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am





Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Basic buildings, whitebox geometry + stuff






Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am






Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

So fancy





Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

More to come, when I get to uploading it.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

One, two, skip a few ... ninety nine, and these ones!

Been busy, busy (as much as I can lol) fixing bits n pieces and throwing potential features at it. Seeing how we can consume all the FPS or not.
As always lots of volumetric stuff, fog, clouds, we've got proper night sky with it's own rotation and adding to the lighting in it's unique way.
Also shown is the reactive fog system I've put together, it is trash for performance. It looks best with 200k capacity particles spamming them out at 10k to 30k rate, here is shown a lighter version but still - eats performance. Even less (but greatly increased in size) particles is still 'viable' - but looks far shitter.

I'll likely still include this in some specific highly regulated areas, rather than open spaces where the spawn area just can't be covered in a good way.
Think inside cave networks, tunnels or crypts where it can be the primary and priority effect. Hence "hero" area.







Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Post Reply