Currently 8 sessions deep in to running a D&D 5e campaign. It started out using a starter kit with a little cusomized homebrew content, since then I've began working in and are now in to proper a campaign scenario that began over 10 years ago and originally was in 4e ruleset.
Up to 5 players now, physical table, physical rolls only, laptop and multi screens for roll20 where world map, battle maps, tokens, etc. as well as artwork all are shown.
I'm using a mix of my own custom art battlemaps and oldschool dungeons from compilation sets WotC released that include some updated versions of classic adventures, including some of the earliest ever such as Tomb of Horrors (1975). We haven't run that yet, hopefully we get to a point I can use that one though.
It's been going great, the whole party began as noobs to D&D tabletop, though all with varying experience in digital games or other, simpler, tabletop like Hero Quest.
At some point I may post logs and write ups, though I may also not do that, instead, keeping the custom stuff out of the public eye and build it up and perfect it to a point where I can sell it roll20 like I have some map packs (with all new custom dungeons instead of classics of course).
Anyway, good times.
New-Old Campaign
-
 xadih48782 
- Peasant
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2026 8:24 am
That sounds like an awesome setup, especially for a group that started out completely new to tabletop D&D. Mixing physical play with Roll20 visuals and custom battlemaps is a really cool balance between classic and modern styles. I also love that you’re bringing older adventures and concepts back into a newer campaign framework. Tomb of Horrors is definitely one of those legendary modules that can create unforgettable stories if the group survives it! Honestly, keeping your custom material private while polishing it for possible Roll20 releases sounds like a smart move too. Glad to hear the campaign is going strong!
Mebendazole is an antiparasitic medication used to treat intestinal worm infections. Available with secure ordering, competitive pricing, and worldwide delivery for convenient access to quality healthcare products
Thanks!xadih48782 wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 5:36 am That sounds like an awesome setup, especially for a group that started out completely new to tabletop D&D. Mixing physical play with Roll20 visuals and custom battlemaps is a really cool balance between classic and modern styles. I also love that you’re bringing older adventures and concepts back into a newer campaign framework. Tomb of Horrors is definitely one of those legendary modules that can create unforgettable stories if the group survives it! Honestly, keeping your custom material private while polishing it for possible Roll20 releases sounds like a smart move too. Glad to hear the campaign is going strong!
The campaign is still running. We're in "Season 4" now.
Things have escalated. I have a bunch of stuff I may yet post here.
Mixing official sources with my custom campaign, we've used.
Lost Mines of Phandelver
Candlekeep Mysteries "The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces"
Sunless Citadel
White Plume Mountain
As well as a lot of custom stuff, including story, maps, and even some items and some feats are custom.
Dead in Thay lines up very well at the moment, I'm looking strongly at it as our next "classic".
---
You might be especially interested in the LLM stuff I've been tinkering with though.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
