Need a better name for "Goo"
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
I'm just spit-balling here so any input will be appreciated.
I woke from a dream this morning. The dream seemed both profound and frustrating.
In the dream I was asked to define "something" I gave it some thought and came up with a definition I was satisfied with and it felt important and profound. When I woke up I could no longer remember what the something was. I only remembered the definition.
I'm going to describe what the something is and I'm hoping that you can help identify/name it. First the definition, "a constituent force of the universe." Now that I write it out it seems rather vague but in my dream I was rather pleased that I was able to identify it as a force. My dream gave it connotations like the "Force" in Star Wars. I was asked in my dream if I was able to start fires with my mind using this force. I replied, "No, but I'm learning."
After I woke up, I was frustrated that I could not remember what the something was. It seemed so obvious in the dream like gravity. In the dream it had a word used to describe it, I tried to remember what that word was and my mind kept get drawn to something I wrote some time ago and a concept that I used calling a substance "goo". It would help if I linked the writing here for those interested...
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.support ... JurORW8E8J
You'll have to excuse the schizo-babble but in the rant the concept of the goo is what I related to this force. When I wrote that rant the concept I had in my head was of a substance similar to if not aether. My dream seemed to indicate that it was a force. So I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help out. I'm just a lunatic with unsettling dream. Perhaps it can both be a force and a substance the way light is both particle and wave. I dunno
I was fleshing out this idea in my head this morning, in the rant I described goo as "soul" also "consciousness". To be honest I really have no idea what a soul is but has far as consciousness I no longer think it is goo, but it is an effect of the goo. As I contemplated this a redefined the something to, " a constituent and animating force of the universe."
Can any of you assist identifying and giving this force a name. I am unsatisfied with continuing to call it goo.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
I woke from a dream this morning. The dream seemed both profound and frustrating.
In the dream I was asked to define "something" I gave it some thought and came up with a definition I was satisfied with and it felt important and profound. When I woke up I could no longer remember what the something was. I only remembered the definition.
I'm going to describe what the something is and I'm hoping that you can help identify/name it. First the definition, "a constituent force of the universe." Now that I write it out it seems rather vague but in my dream I was rather pleased that I was able to identify it as a force. My dream gave it connotations like the "Force" in Star Wars. I was asked in my dream if I was able to start fires with my mind using this force. I replied, "No, but I'm learning."
After I woke up, I was frustrated that I could not remember what the something was. It seemed so obvious in the dream like gravity. In the dream it had a word used to describe it, I tried to remember what that word was and my mind kept get drawn to something I wrote some time ago and a concept that I used calling a substance "goo". It would help if I linked the writing here for those interested...
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.support ... JurORW8E8J
You'll have to excuse the schizo-babble but in the rant the concept of the goo is what I related to this force. When I wrote that rant the concept I had in my head was of a substance similar to if not aether. My dream seemed to indicate that it was a force. So I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help out. I'm just a lunatic with unsettling dream. Perhaps it can both be a force and a substance the way light is both particle and wave. I dunno
I was fleshing out this idea in my head this morning, in the rant I described goo as "soul" also "consciousness". To be honest I really have no idea what a soul is but has far as consciousness I no longer think it is goo, but it is an effect of the goo. As I contemplated this a redefined the something to, " a constituent and animating force of the universe."
Can any of you assist identifying and giving this force a name. I am unsatisfied with continuing to call it goo.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
- Brian
Initially I was thinking; does he mean Qi / Chi?
But then your mention of consciousness got me thinking about how I've described Liquid Crystal Consciousness/Universal (un)Consciousness. In the past I've related this to the infinite potentiality and/or/samesies as dark matter; that which is potentially all, until intent is applied causing a tiny part to become potentially [something], eventually resulting in the actualization of said thing.
I hope this doesn't simply cause more questions, but at the same time, that can be fun too
But then your mention of consciousness got me thinking about how I've described Liquid Crystal Consciousness/Universal (un)Consciousness. In the past I've related this to the infinite potentiality and/or/samesies as dark matter; that which is potentially all, until intent is applied causing a tiny part to become potentially [something], eventually resulting in the actualization of said thing.
I hope this doesn't simply cause more questions, but at the same time, that can be fun too
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
Thanks for responding Ty.Týsköll wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:53 am Initially I was thinking; does he mean Qi / Chi?
But then your mention of consciousness got me thinking about how I've described Liquid Crystal Consciousness/Universal (un)Consciousness. In the past I've related this to the infinite potentiality and/or/samesies as dark matter; that which is potentially all, until intent is applied causing a tiny part to become potentially [something], eventually resulting in the actualization of said thing.
I hope this doesn't simply cause more questions, but at the same time, that can be fun too![]()
None of those words trigger my memory though they are better tan 'goo". I'm not too well versed on physics or cosmology so I do not know what dark matter is or why it's postulated to exist, but it could be related to or be the goo of my rant.
Dark Matter sounds more mysterious than goo, I think at some point Caylus also mentioned a possible relationship between dark-matter and Consciousness.
Yeah, dark matter > goo.
- Brian
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
I think every culture has a name for that.
Mana, Aether, Chi/Qi, Prana, etc...
Did you want an original one?
Mana, Aether, Chi/Qi, Prana, etc...
Did you want an original one?
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
No, what I was hoping to hear was a word that would trigger my memory from the dream and I could say, "that's it."Caylus Ark wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:49 am I think every culture has a name for that.
Mana, Aether, Chi/Qi, Prana, etc...
Did you want an original one?
In my dream I felt like Newton discovering gravity, but the above suggests it's a very old concept, but I never learned about it in school, and I don't hear it discussed much in pop culture. It maybe I just don't walk in those circles.
I still like dark-matter, even though I don't know what it is, despite Google.
- Brian
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
Perhaps
Goo = Quantum Fields
For your consideration:
Goo = Quantum Fields
For your consideration:
- Brian
Our body being a vessel remotely operated isn't a new concept either. This non-local information used by local consciousness has been spoken about in various ways in many cultures, even if just as "the universe puts me where it needs me" or "my higher self".
I haven't watched in full, I'll return with more thoughts when I've created the time to do so.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
I realize some of these concepts are not new. I am just encouraged to see the concept of consciousness being related to "goo" , whether archaic Aether or modern Quantum theory, get some scientific clout behind it.Týsköll wrote: Thu May 01, 2025 4:26 am
Our body being a vessel remotely operated isn't a new concept either. This non-local information used by local consciousness has been spoken about in various ways in many cultures, even if just as "the universe puts me where it needs me" or "my higher self".
I haven't watched in full, I'll return with more thoughts when I've created the time to do so.
He argues that consciousness and free will are fundamental properties of the quantum field not the result of it.
- Brian
Still haven't gotten around to this.Third Loop wrote: Thu May 01, 2025 7:28 pmI realize some of these concepts are not new. I am just encouraged to see the concept of consciousness being related to "goo" , whether archaic Aether or modern Quantum theory, get some scientific clout behind it.Týsköll wrote: Thu May 01, 2025 4:26 am
Our body being a vessel remotely operated isn't a new concept either. This non-local information used by local consciousness has been spoken about in various ways in many cultures, even if just as "the universe puts me where it needs me" or "my higher self".
I haven't watched in full, I'll return with more thoughts when I've created the time to do so.
He argues that consciousness and free will are fundamental properties of the quantum field not the result of it.
That argument fits with certain concepts of spirituality. If we consider the quantum field in this as the web of wyrd or tapestry, with free will in a semi-deterministic state of within a flow... or am I way off the mark in terms of what he's saying?
I will watch it tonight lol.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Third Loop 
- Knight Errant
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:31 pm
I didn't understand the above statement enough, nor do I understand quantum mechanics enough to comment.Týsköll wrote: Thu May 01, 2025 4:26 am
... If we consider the quantum field in this as the web of wyrd or tapestry, with free will in a semi-deterministic state of within a flow... or am I way off the mark in terms of what he's saying?
...
I keep my quantum videos at a "for dummies" level, even then it can be confusing.
I hope you find the video informational, I did and I couldn't help but be reminded of "goo."
- Brian
