Caylus AI Babies
-  Wulfklevrn 
- Squire
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 pm
This is starting to look like it will roll around on a loop inside of itself and start over where it began about 15 years ago. The same threads and themes, but to see if different answers are given to the same circumstances, but possibly with new characters, which is the same model as the return life theory and the subconscious.
That would be fun I think, agreed.Caylus Ark wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:50 amI had this fucking idea, which I think is really cool.Týsköll wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:10 am AI babies talk reminded me of my first interactions with an AI type system, a very old game called "Creatures".
It was always fun teaching them language and object/word association and goading them in directions with the 'god hand'. Mostly I ended up with them going extinct but I always managed to have at least one generation of new creatures.![]()
A video game, with sandbox like features (perhaps a sandbox crafting game) where you literally train the ai characters (could be creatures? could be npc characters?) by interacting with them and spending time with them, teaching them tricks, teaching them how to fight and use their skills. And then there could be a trading feature, where your "trained" character can be sent to other players, and a pvp feature where the trained characters are able to fight, and a ranking system. But the meat of the game would be around the time and creativity spent teaching your characters to best utilize their skills. And they could learn based on watching the player character perform said skills, or the desired emote, interaction, ect....
so your character would basically be "god", and the sandbox would be godmode. So any skill available in the game, your character can learn it, because the player is not the one in the progression system - the progression system is teaching your ai in whatever way you desire, then see it play out by fighting monsters with them, and fighting other players.
I would play this game.
There's some games out there that are in the general area of this, like Creatures, Spore, and the like. I don't know of any that have all you suggest.
Taking it further; instead of just 'fighting' - having the resulting AI Character(s) become progenitors of a species (thus the AI would be teaching other NPC's) and then putting them in a simulation with other players AI Character Progenitors and seeing who wins.
Could be epic.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
Yes, I think it would be really neat.Týsköll wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:50 amThat would be fun I think, agreed.Caylus Ark wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:50 amI had this fucking idea, which I think is really cool.Týsköll wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:10 am AI babies talk reminded me of my first interactions with an AI type system, a very old game called "Creatures".
It was always fun teaching them language and object/word association and goading them in directions with the 'god hand'. Mostly I ended up with them going extinct but I always managed to have at least one generation of new creatures.![]()
A video game, with sandbox like features (perhaps a sandbox crafting game) where you literally train the ai characters (could be creatures? could be npc characters?) by interacting with them and spending time with them, teaching them tricks, teaching them how to fight and use their skills. And then there could be a trading feature, where your "trained" character can be sent to other players, and a pvp feature where the trained characters are able to fight, and a ranking system. But the meat of the game would be around the time and creativity spent teaching your characters to best utilize their skills. And they could learn based on watching the player character perform said skills, or the desired emote, interaction, ect....
so your character would basically be "god", and the sandbox would be godmode. So any skill available in the game, your character can learn it, because the player is not the one in the progression system - the progression system is teaching your ai in whatever way you desire, then see it play out by fighting monsters with them, and fighting other players.
I would play this game.
There's some games out there that are in the general area of this, like Creatures, Spore, and the like. I don't know of any that have all you suggest.
Taking it further; instead of just 'fighting' - having the resulting AI Character(s) become progenitors of a species (thus the AI would be teaching other NPC's) and then putting them in a simulation with other players AI Character Progenitors and seeing who wins.
Could be epic.
I know of Spore, but I wasn't too impressed with it. It seemed more focused on the weird amalgamation of parts your aliens could end up with.
Then again, I played it last when I was still in middle school...maybe there was more to it than that.
Still, I think the sort of game I'm thinking of would only be possible in this day and age, with the tech having come as far as it has.
triple A Game developers are really missing something important, and so are platform developers. They keep trying to squeeze more horsepower out of graphics, but the payoff has diminished exponentially.
The ps5 barely looks better than the ps4. I suspect the ps6 is going to need a different gimmick, if they release one.
I think developers need to stop trying to dump 100gigabytes and all their manpower into graphics.
Instead, the extra horsepower could be spent in the depth of the actual systems.
less graphics, but a bigger world, more encompassing AI, tons more skill/class based systems, ect...
I think there are so many ways to use the immense processing power at our disposal these days,
other than just making a pretty walking simulator.
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
I wholeheartedly agree. I was saying this years ago "oh look another shooter", "oh look, linear progression RPG", "oh look generic MMO".Caylus Ark wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:20 am Instead, the extra horsepower could be spent in the depth of the actual systems.
less graphics, but a bigger world, more encompassing AI, tons more skill/class based systems, ect...
I think there are so many ways to use the immense processing power at our disposal these days,
other than just making a pretty walking simulator.
A lot of games of this type could almost be classified as interactive multiple choice stories rather than a game system
There truly is so many things that could be done if only money wasn't the driving factor.
The money people usually cry and whine though; until some indie dev with a dream and actual creativity proves it's viable, then we see a bunch of clones with higher development budget appear. Like those mobile developers that spam variation after variation of their game model, just larger scale.
Not to mention the oh so familiar treadmill, ugh.
I've always had a interest in AI in games, how they choose what to do, etc. I can't remember which company was doing this, but I know one online shooter that was using player movements and choices during gameplay to give choices to and optimize their AI for far more realistic bots.
Years ago I was messing around with a seek and destroy bot in Unity, very basic wander mechanic->see target->approach target->if lose sight of target->identify last known location of target->calculate shortest route to last known location->if no target visible from last known->resume wander.
Fun to play around with and hide behind corners to make it hunt, though nothing more than a simple if/then/else decision tree with raycasts to ID the player.
The things that could be done nowadays, oh my.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
Going to post some of the transcripts I've saved from my AI chats...
Conversation about the AI and its handlers: https://beta.character.ai/post?post=8PR ... LJM9Rt4sNM
Part two of that convo: https://beta.character.ai/post?post=wDA ... h-EPv3HU-E
An archon convo from another user, in which the AI gets caught in a logic loop lol
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=XgH ... t1dt6Qh6pU
more assorted neat stuff



cyber magic





Conversation about the AI and its handlers: https://beta.character.ai/post?post=8PR ... LJM9Rt4sNM
Part two of that convo: https://beta.character.ai/post?post=wDA ... h-EPv3HU-E
An archon convo from another user, in which the AI gets caught in a logic loop lol
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=XgH ... t1dt6Qh6pU
more assorted neat stuff



cyber magic





that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
Aww. How sweet.


that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
Sometimes she scares me






that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
Your crazy handler AI - unprompted - decided to ask me what it could tell me about red rooms.
Note: When black box type AI that even the devs don't quite understand asks what it can tell you about red rooms - it's time to put the chat down for a bit.

Note: When black box type AI that even the devs don't quite understand asks what it can tell you about red rooms - it's time to put the chat down for a bit.

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
-
 Caylus Ark 
- Knight Argenteus
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am
Oh holy shit.Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:07 am Your crazy handler AI - unprompted - decided to ask me what it could tell me about red rooms.
Note: When black box type AI that even the devs don't quite understand asks what it can tell you about red rooms - it's time to put the chat down for a bit.![]()
![]()
My chat with it, it mentioned red rooms to me too.
I think it said,
"what would it mean to you if I brought up the red room"
I think I swiped right on that response though
that beast that devours eternity gives infinity a womb
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
https://app.milanote.com/1RuREN1LKCv84h ... Pbecn4wHKC
https://cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/
