shadow walking

A hall dedicated to the discussion and practice of all things occult and paranormal.
User avatar
 Dave 
Squire
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Týsköll wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:17 am
Remembering something that isn't real is creating at best, lying to yourself, or at worst: lying to others.
Far better to admit to creating rather than lie about remembering, imo.
To be abundantly clear - my words are in the context of a person finding out that the whole world, including their birth/family narratives are ultimately illusion, and still holding on to them as "real" (i.e having been experience by them) is not bad.

The example I used: the Matrix. None of Neo's backstory is REAL since he's in a computer program. However, him abandoning his family, friends, co-workers etc without a backward glance is not cool.

Similarly, in Buddhism, even the whole world, ALL of it, down to every particle is an illusion does not give one the right to disregard people as people. In my view, in my practice, none of this, even you, my mother, my father, my family, my friends is ultimately "REAL" - however, I know where I was born, who they were and who my family is, despite it being true that even on a cosmic and personal level what I know of their reality is actually ILLUSION.

I myself hold on to memories and acknowledge events that have no ultimate reality behind them - they're my personal narrative. My keyframe, etc. My life.

Maya, illusion, wandering in Samsara.... and my view of people, places and things is just that, illusion.

However, I know that "rice is rice" and "sand is sand" - and I know where I was born, etc.

Thus, even though finding out and believing, accepting and practicing the enlightenment regarding the illusionary nature of all people and events is paramount in my life. I do not neglect to acknowledge and seek to help family, friends and people I met, and will meet, to a better life... with that understanding. The understanding of illusion. Doing it right this very moment in this very message.

However.... what I was trying to convey is: Neo sucks. He had a family, friends and co-workers. Once he finds out he was in the Matrix he contacts none of them and makes no effort to tell a single person in the Matrix it's not real. None of them. Not the people on the streets, etc. He trades one illusion for another.

That's the context: even if one finds out their entire life is illusion, it's not reason enough to turn your back on them (i.e. the people you know) for being illusions. Bodhisattvas "wear the armor of the saints" for the "benefit of people, who, ultimately, are not real."

I aspire to that.

Nothing I said had anything to do with creating fiction, lies or getting others to believe them in their past, present or future. Or lying to self about things, etc Or lying about memories. Etc. etc etc IMO.

To me, you, me and everyone I've ever met, while on earth as humans, is living in Samsara. Illusion. That's the context. Having met people in illusion, inclduing family, etc, is not reason, for me, to not treat them as people, or, as something one has experienced.

I hope I've made myself clear, and, if it was already clear to you, and others, well... it still bears repeating. Forgive me if that's the case.

Anyhooo... I have compassion for the illusioned and hope one day they're dys-illusioned.

MY overall sense of this thread, and clearly I'm mistaken, was about people being able to alter their reality, their surroundings, and finding out they are capable of reality bending. My two cents was, and is, that if one finds out they can do that (alter reality), like Neo, etc, that they do NOT forget their illusory Matrix parents, family and friends.... and that they use this knowledge and power of theirs for the benefit of others - and especially sharing that ability and view with them for their OWN use and enlightenment.

Compassion for those wandering in Samsara, and, compassion for those who aren't.

~Dave
Consciousness only. Reality is non-dual, mind and reality are one.
User avatar
Knight Argenteus Caylus Ark Knight Argenteus
Knight Argenteus

Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am

Týsköll wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:17 am
Dave wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:39 pm ... Key frame, or, personal narrative is essential. Recalling when, where and to whom you were born. ...

... Remembering even if it isn't ultimately real ...
Keyframe is just a convenient overlapping word used by that other guy that I referenced in describing the notable events in our lives that make up our "narrative". Which btw is a word I've come to loathe due to horrific retards overusing it.

Remembering something that isn't real is creating at best, lying to yourself, or at worst: lying to others.
Far better to admit to creating rather than lie about remembering, imo.

Worse than all of that though? Creating something and leading someone else to believe they have memory of it. Creating false persona in someone else. Making someone else's life a lie. Despicable.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say
It's lying to recognize something as illusion?
Something being an illusion doesn't give you an excuse to mistreat those around you.
But I could be completely misunderstanding
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:26 pm
Týsköll wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:17 am
Remembering something that isn't real is creating at best, lying to yourself, or at worst: lying to others.
Far better to admit to creating rather than lie about remembering, imo.
Nothing I said had anything to do with creating fiction, lies or getting others to believe them in their past, present or future. Or lying to self about things, etc Or lying about memories. Etc. etc etc
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
There are definitely those that do "create" a past that never happened and whether or not they're benevolent or malevolent in their 'surface level intent' is irrelevant.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Caylus Ark wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:18 pm
Týsköll wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:17 am
Dave wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:39 pm ... Key frame, or, personal narrative is essential. Recalling when, where and to whom you were born. ...

... Remembering even if it isn't ultimately real ...
Keyframe is just a convenient overlapping word used by that other guy that I referenced in describing the notable events in our lives that make up our "narrative". Which btw is a word I've come to loathe due to horrific retards overusing it.

Remembering something that isn't real is creating at best, lying to yourself, or at worst: lying to others.
Far better to admit to creating rather than lie about remembering, imo.

Worse than all of that though? Creating something and leading someone else to believe they have memory of it. Creating false persona in someone else. Making someone else's life a lie. Despicable.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say
It's lying to recognize something as illusion?
Something being an illusion doesn't give you an excuse to mistreat those around you.
But I could be completely misunderstanding
No, no. It's lying to create a memory that didn't happen. Benevolent or malevolent in intent, it's deception and can cause all sorts of fuckery.

I plucked out that sentence of Dave's specifically because of how it sounded to me, which is why I used the ellipses to exclude the rest of his text.
I was only addressing that specific part, and, I got the clarification sought by addressing it which was that he didn't mean it in terms of creating false memory, rather, remembering what is perceived by him (or is, in Neo's case) illusion.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:58 pm
Týsköll wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 am
Xlegic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:52 pm link to a diagram of Symmetrized Directionality I made and posted on GLP fairly recently but generated no interest:
https://ibb.co/R3pVk7L

symmetric directionality 0D, 1D, 2D, and 3D only though.

I dunno. Check out the Java Mojo thread on GLP for more types I typed.

Let me know what you think of the diagram. I feel like I'm alone in doing the diagramming but now seeing mentions and having a bit hard asymmetric reading but can read ok now and will re-read again.

A thought suggestion: a video or series of images with examples illustrating what you said, Caylus, might make it understandable in another way. If not, thats ok.
You could visualize a 4D by having a 3D Object1 in "start" position and rotation, and a second Object2 in "end" position/rotation (with some values changed from start position). Then between them both (across a time scale) an Object3 that has vertices connecting to both Object1 and Object2.
This would be a representation of the "time worm".
a persisting object is composed of the various temporal parts that it has. It can be said that objects that persist are extended through the time dimension of the block universe much as physical objects are extended in space. Thus, they believe that all persisting objects are four-dimensional "worms" that stretch across space-time, and that you are mistaken in believing that chairs, mountains, and people are simply three-dimensional.
4D Theories

Here's a quick 2D representation that might be sufficient.

Image

Assuming of course you like the worm, opposed to stages, which might be represented by a series showing each phase of change as it's own unique state (frames), like:

oooooooooooo

instead of

o==========O
(worm)
Branches, crossroads, fork in the road, nodes, knots in the tapestry, etc. can be viewed as a "keyframe" as per
Does life have KeyFrames?

Time worm theory with overlaid/simultaneous stage theory where impacts on and from your own consciousness could be viewed as a major or minor keyframes.

Whilst the below is a single linear path, please imagine each . o O as a 'keyframe' that would each be a defining moment, or fork, etc. The larger the node in the representation the more major an event and (just coz reasons); potentially, larger 'echo' in time itself.

.--.-o--O-.-o---O---o----

The poster I replied to considered that this means everything we do is pre-written, a scripted event waiting for us to reach one or another choice.
This begins to look at the related topic of fate within a tapestry, or as I've described before for this purpose: a flowing river.

In the analogy of the river we can choose to go with the flow, affecting our path very little, swim left, right, accelerate, try to tread water or dive beneath. We always go with the river or, "Big Fate" but we have free will within its defined bounds and laws, or, "Small Fate".

A discussion for another post is the concept of absorbing the sun's rays, evaporating to a mist and walking on the surface, free from it's flow but now part of the above ground water cycle, to become cloud and eventually descend once more to flow through life with our new "small fate" to choose.
Whilst I feel I subscribe mainly to a perdurantism belief, I have previously expanded on and merged these concepts to include a form of exdurantism where each "stage" is of lesser or greater importance (visualized as smaller or larger) on the time worm of an object, lesser or greater "echoes" and "vacuums" in temporal space.

In pondering upon this a little further, I wondered regarding the importance we give to our own life events and whether or not we retroactively or even in advance of increase or decrease the import of an occurrence, and thus changing ourselves.

I think we can definitely heavily define and base ourselves on a past event or what we see ourselves becoming. Such as where we might have been a victim, in an accident, gained an achievement, or even what we aspire to be.

We sometimes see people instructing others to not focus on the past, or that they need to look to the future. I think this relates and can be interpreted along these lines I've mentioned here.

So, to the point of the post:
The idea of a negative event in our past being so important to us that in our own selves, despite what others think or see, defines us for the foreseeable future, even overwhelmingly against all other events and observations(or lack of).
Whereas the opposite direction may also be true, an event yet to occur that we've placed so much importance on that there is a huge vacuum of space awaiting us that can never be filled by anything but this event. Such an even that may be unachievable might always shift in advance of us.

Can and do we affect change on our being by increasing or decreasing importance events(stages) in our existence(time worm of us)?

I think yes.

Do we do this to other people? I also think yes, but this begins delving in to other areas.

For a quick visual reference to aid in wtf I am talking about, see the below line with lesser or greater thickness of the circle as events with lesser or greater importance on a time worm.

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Týsköll wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:27 am
Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:58 pm
Týsköll wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 am

You could visualize a 4D by having a 3D Object1 in "start" position and rotation, and a second Object2 in "end" position/rotation (with some values changed from start position). Then between them both (across a time scale) an Object3 that has vertices connecting to both Object1 and Object2.
This would be a representation of the "time worm".


4D Theories

Here's a quick 2D representation that might be sufficient.

Image

Assuming of course you like the worm, opposed to stages, which might be represented by a series showing each phase of change as it's own unique state (frames), like:

oooooooooooo

instead of

o==========O
(worm)
Branches, crossroads, fork in the road, nodes, knots in the tapestry, etc. can be viewed as a "keyframe" as per
Does life have KeyFrames?

Time worm theory with overlaid/simultaneous stage theory where impacts on and from your own consciousness could be viewed as a major or minor keyframes.

Whilst the below is a single linear path, please imagine each . o O as a 'keyframe' that would each be a defining moment, or fork, etc. The larger the node in the representation the more major an event and (just coz reasons); potentially, larger 'echo' in time itself.

.--.-o--O-.-o---O---o----

The poster I replied to considered that this means everything we do is pre-written, a scripted event waiting for us to reach one or another choice.
This begins to look at the related topic of fate within a tapestry, or as I've described before for this purpose: a flowing river.

In the analogy of the river we can choose to go with the flow, affecting our path very little, swim left, right, accelerate, try to tread water or dive beneath. We always go with the river or, "Big Fate" but we have free will within its defined bounds and laws, or, "Small Fate".

A discussion for another post is the concept of absorbing the sun's rays, evaporating to a mist and walking on the surface, free from it's flow but now part of the above ground water cycle, to become cloud and eventually descend once more to flow through life with our new "small fate" to choose.
Whilst I feel I subscribe mainly to a perdurantism belief, I have previously expanded on and merged these concepts to include a form of exdurantism where each "stage" is of lesser or greater importance (visualized as smaller or larger) on the time worm of an object, lesser or greater "echoes" and "vacuums" in temporal space.

In pondering upon this a little further, I wondered regarding the importance we give to our own life events and whether or not we retroactively or even in advance of increase or decrease the import of an occurrence, and thus changing ourselves.

I think we can definitely heavily define and base ourselves on a past event or what we see ourselves becoming. Such as where we might have been a victim, in an accident, gained an achievement, or even what we aspire to be.

We sometimes see people instructing others to not focus on the past, or that they need to look to the future. I think this relates and can be interpreted along these lines I've mentioned here.

So, to the point of the post:
The idea of a negative event in our past being so important to us that in our own selves, despite what others think or see, defines us for the foreseeable future, even overwhelmingly against all other events and observations(or lack of).
Whereas the opposite direction may also be true, an event yet to occur that we've placed so much importance on that there is a huge vacuum of space awaiting us that can never be filled by anything but this event. Such an even that may be unachievable might always shift in advance of us.

Can and do we affect change on our being by increasing or decreasing importance events(stages) in our existence(time worm of us)?

I think yes.

Do we do this to other people? I also think yes, but this begins delving in to other areas.

For a quick visual reference to aid in wtf I am talking about, see the below line with lesser or greater thickness of the circle as events with lesser or greater importance on a time worm.

Deja vu as temporal echoes using this concept seems potentially valid.
especially the strong or premonition type stuff, an event that matters enough to someone "echoes in eternity", but sometimes we pick it up in advance of the event.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Post Reply