I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?
We all know that stories can be used to create alters, direct a path/steer to a role to be performed, etc. and that there are numerous "known" stories that have been used.
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I might one day detail my experiences with a woman in real life who called herself "Alice" when we met, who picked me out of a crowd when I was standing alone.
It wasn't her real name, I later found out. She also upon occasion wore leopard print.
Those that know a thing or two might be intrigued by this. I can name many of the people involved in that group, if ever needed.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am
I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?
We all know that stories can be used to create alters, direct a path/steer to a role to be performed, etc. and that there are numerous "known" stories that have been used.
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I might one day detail my experiences with a woman in real life who called herself "Alice" when we met, who picked me out of a crowd when I was standing alone.
It wasn't her real name, I later found out. She also upon occasion wore leopard print.
Those that know a thing or two might be intrigued by this. I can name many of the people involved in that group, if ever needed.
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am
I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?
We all know that stories can be used to create alters, direct a path/steer to a role to be performed, etc. and that there are numerous "known" stories that have been used.
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I might one day detail my experiences with a woman in real life who called herself "Alice" when we met, who picked me out of a crowd when I was standing alone.
It wasn't her real name, I later found out. She also upon occasion wore leopard print.
Those that know a thing or two might be intrigued by this. I can name many of the people involved in that group, if ever needed.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I'll throw this one out there; Hobbits.
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.
It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;
"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." - Galadriel
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I'll throw this one out there; Hobbits.
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.
It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;
"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." - Galadriel
*chuckle*
Unfortunately I can't find the ending to this episode online.
"I'm sorry I said that Dad...no one's life is small"
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am
Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I'll throw this one out there; Hobbits.
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.
It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;
"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." - Galadriel
*chuckle*
Unfortunately I can't find the ending to this episode online.
"I'm sorry I said that Dad...no one's life is small"
Haha.
Well, except gnomes.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
I'll throw this one out there; Hobbits.
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.
It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;
"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." - Galadriel
*chuckle*
Unfortunately I can't find the ending to this episode online.
"I'm sorry I said that Dad...no one's life is small"
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. All images uploaded are the responsibility of the uploader. All posts are the responsibility of, and ownership is retained by the author thereof.
Terms & Conditions