First thread!

The basics, and the off topic, the generic and the uncategorized.
If you're unsure, post it here.
User avatar
Knight Argenteus Caylus Ark Knight Argenteus
Knight Argenteus

Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am

FYI everyone
I've added some avatars to the gallery, so if you can't figure out how to upload your own, there is a decent selection there.
Also, for those who do want to upload their own...
I recommend this site https://picresize.com/
just set it to custom size ---> 150 x 150 (or whatever is proportional but under 150, it'll autofill that part)
User avatar
 Wulfklevrn 
Squire
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Image

I clicked the image button but it does the image url thing. How do I put pictures because I think the old pictures website to do it that way charges money now and I don't feel like paying money for it.
User avatar
Knight Argenteus Caylus Ark Knight Argenteus
Knight Argenteus

Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am

Wulfklevrn wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:25 am Image

I clicked the image button but it does the image url thing. How do I put pictures because I think the old pictures website to do it that way charges money now and I don't feel like paying money for it.
you did it wrong

first, paste the url, like so

https://imagefromsite.com

then, highlight the url

once highlighted, click the thing that looks like a picture (the tag is, [img] )


actually, apparently you can just paste the url

see?




this isn't a paywall feature lol
User avatar
Knight Argenteus Caylus Ark Knight Argenteus
Knight Argenteus

Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am

Wulfklevrn wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:25 am Image

I clicked the image button but it does the image url thing. How do I put pictures because I think the old pictures website to do it that way charges money now and I don't feel like paying money for it.
oh, do you mean pictures from your computer?

go to https://imgur.com/
I upload all my pictures there
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Caylus Ark wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:35 am actually, apparently you can just paste the url

see?




this isn't a paywall feature lol
The difference in pasting the url or using the embed BBCode is thus:

Pasted:


Embedded with img tags:
Image
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
 Wulfklevrn 
Squire
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Yeah, that's the way it was on simtropolis years ago and then I thought imgur made you pay for it so I haven't used it in a long time. Thanks for showing me and your timely reply.
User avatar
 Wulfklevrn 
Squire
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Image
User avatar
 Wulfklevrn 
Squire
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 pm

User avatar
Knight Argenteus Caylus Ark Knight Argenteus
Knight Argenteus

Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:00 am

Wulfklevrn wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:23 am Yeah, that's the way it was on simtropolis years ago and then I thought imgur made you pay for it so I haven't used it in a long time. Thanks for showing me and your timely reply.
You're welcome. We're such good forum admins. Give us social strokes.

And yeah, imgur is super free.
Post Reply