Will tell you the reason I thought "sigil" and not, "symbol".Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:10 amSigil or symbol? Are all symbols sigils? All monograms? All company logos? No necessarily. But also sometimes.Caylus Ark wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:21 am ai made this...
sigil?
I apologize in advance for this sigil because it kinda feels a little scary, but I just think it's such a demonstrable sigil and an ai made and...
we have to know, you know?
![]()
Since we're here at this question, here's a wiki link with some further info.
Sigil
"a pictorial signature of a deity or spirit. In modern usage, especially in the context of chaos magic, sigil refers to a symbolic representation of the practitioner's desired outcome."
"The artist and occultist Austin Osman Spare (1886–1956) developed his own unique method of creating and using sigils, which has had a huge effect on modern occultism. Spare didn't agree with Medieval practice of using these, arguing that such supernatural beings were simply complexes in the unconscious, and could be actively created through the process of sigilization."
So I suppose in answering "is this a sigil?" we sort of need to know how it was made, with what intent, etc.
Some lines on a page a sigil are not - unless of course they are.
That image is really curious, it seems familiar to me in some ways, but then so do many symbols throughout time and space.
It prompts me to remember something I saw on a particular young occultists website not too long ago, "I swear I drew that at request for someone...".
Anyway. Let's break it down a bit more in an attempt to define as a sigil or not.
How did you prompt the AI to draw this?
What intent, if any, was applied by you through the tool - in this case the AI?
What was attempting to be represented by your prompt?
Regardless - cool imagery and symbolism.
When I saw it, I got this weird ass vibe. I felt like it was moving, floating, sending something at me.
It was just a subjective effect, but a symbol I feel, while it can be emotionally evocative or meditative, I don't feel like it's "sending" shit at me
in a manner, "trying to do something"
the little wings taking off, the horns getting into something, poking or prodding
the little triangle feature in the middle, symbols engraved onto it, shining or, even rotating
I feel like it wanted to draw something out of me
Again, all just subjective, and it felt...interpersonal, locked on or specific to me

 
 