Dev Blog: Christina 2026

Play games? Same.
Physical or digital, whatever you're on.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Here are a few files from over 10 years ago. You can see early development of the world map(2014 and 2018 in 3D), city map and manor house itself.





Image
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Bunch of bits n piece fixes, optimizations, testing and blah been going on in the time I can spend on this.

Notably today the basic elements for entities are all in, with some simple effects like regeneration taking from her blood satiated value.
Basic stats, health etc.

Entity types inheriting like so
  • Base
    • Critter
    • Actor
      • CommonNPC
      • MajorNPC
      • Player
    Likely going to have major modifications to those via "traits" or some other appropriate word, currently only VampireTrait exists, that script component adds itself if the box is checked.

    Image

    Image

    Image
    (Eww, when did you eat rats Louis?)
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

React UI? Hmm.
OneJS!? HMMM.

UI System upgraded. Things and stuff initiated.

:)
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

UI Mock up is no longer a mock up.
Plenty to refine, data to link, fonts to muse over. But thar she blows capt-wait... it's my ship. Weeee.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Build 0.0.35 pre-alpha SUCCESS

Little bit stress with multiple build fails, looking good now though.

:)

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

First build with the baked lighting, consistently 100fps - this was the reason to bake it rather than real time it... performance.
If you've a good eye or not you'll see some sexy light happening including rays of light where objects obscure, shadows begin, etc.



Some more obvious? and/or quicker to see lighting stuff can be seen in this second vid when running up stairs and one of the uprights



If curious, the 'banding' you see is due to the light not really having anything to react to so it spills nasty gradients across the flat surfaces. Note how it does not band on the terrain where it interacts more.

Quite happy with 100FPS on the 5km x 5km world with the day n night system and looking so sexy.
Computer wasn't. Crashed and locked up the editor numerous times over the past 2 days.
Sorted my process and bake pipeline now though lmao :grin3:
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

A little less time on this recently, but still plodding along here n there.

Current progression is with NPCs and their behaviour, their AI, I'm utilizing a system I fleshed out first in late 2018.
There's not a lot of point to screenshots at the moment as most everything would just be an image of the log with things like:

Code: Select all

[ACTION START]
Garrison Guard begins taking a walk 
to clear their mind.
So I'll just leave it here for now.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

Image
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
User avatar
Knight Marshall Týsköll Knight Marshall
Knight Marshall

Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:01 am

ImageImage
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Post Reply